National Eligibility Test or UGC NET is a National Eligibility Test in India. UGC is a statutory organization established by the Government of India in 1956. Who is responsible for the determination and maintenance of the level of education of the universities. This is the organization, which recognizes the universities of India. And distributes the necessary funds for them. The headquarter of UGC is in New Delhi, and its six regional centers are Bhopal, Pune, Guwahati, Bangalore, Kolkata and Hyderabad.
What is the UGC Net Exam?
National Eligibility Test is a national level examination organized by the University Grants Commission (UGC). In this examination, post-graduate students get the opportunity to qualify for a university level education job in India and take admission in PhD level programs. The UGC Net Exam ensures that a candidate is in for the minimum standards in teaching business and research. This examination is conducted in human science including social science, environmental science, forensic science, computer science and applications and electronic science.
1. Junior Research Fellowship should not be more than 28 years of examination.
2. There is no upper age limit for the assistant professor.
1. Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks in their master’s degree.
2. Candidates who are in the last year of their master’s degree can apply for this examination.
UGC Examination (Notification of UGC Exam)
1. This UGC Net Exam is held twice a year in June and December.
2. The notification for the June examination comes in the month of March and the December examination comes in September.
1. This question paper will assess the candidate’s logic capability, understanding, different thinking, general awareness.
2. There are 60 questions in this question paper. You have to give 50 answers, each question is of 2 marks.
1. This question paper will be based on the topic chosen by the candidate.
2. There will be 50 questions, all of which will be mandatory and every question will be of 2 points.
1. In this question paper, the candidate will choose his own subject and the same questions will be asked.
2. In this 75 questions will be asked, which are all mandatory, are of objective type and every question is of 2 points.
Career After Clear UGC Net
After passing the UGC Net, you become eligible for lecturer or junior research fellowship in pure universities. You are required to apply for the release of vacancies from time to time.
Once you pass the Net, you can apply for the post of lecturer while declaring vacancies by colleges and universities. Your last appointment depends on how well you are in the interview conducted by the respective university or college.
Junior Research Fellowship
Once you pass the net, you can pursue any reputed university or research, and reimburse tuition fees. In some universities, students also get direct admission in MPhil programs.